Best Sleep Mask
Sleep masks are an excellent way to ensure that you are getting the most out of those precious 8 hours as possible. Using a sleep mask, you can eliminate bright visuals and sometimes even sounds from disrupting your sleep. They are excellent for taking on traveling adventures to let you get some shut-eye in even the brightest environments like a car or an airplane. Sleep masks can also be used for getting rid of headaches, meditating or general relaxation.
Benefits of Buying a Sleep Mask
– Blocks out sunlight. The primary, and perhaps most important, benefit of using a sleep mask is that it gets rid of any light, natural or manmade. Allowing yourself total darkness to fall asleep promotes a more restful slumber without being woken up involuntarily from unwanted light. Sleep masks cover the eyes and sometimes extend down onto the cheeks to prevent this. Some even cover the ears to assist with noise reduction.
– Provides the opportunity to fall asleep faster. By having a quieter, darker place to relax, people tend to get sleepier faster. No random lights are flashing over your closed eyes, and with earplugs or a mask that covers the ears, noise is reduced, helping to eliminate a lot of the sensory that often keeps people from drifting off into slumber.
– Aids in deep, restful REM sleep. When you are asleep in total darkness and without the weight of something heavy boring down on your face, you are creating the perfect environment for you to achieve REM sleep, which is responsible for allowing you a sleep that lets you wake up feeling refreshed.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Sleep Mask
– Material. Choose a soft, breathable material that will not get too hot while you sleep. Silk is usually considered the best option as it is both of these things and is super relaxing to slip onto the face.
– Weight. Opt for a sleep mask that is not heavy. While some people may prefer a bit of weight, heavier sleep masks press on the eyelids and may inhibit the rapid eye movement necessary for refreshing sleep.
– Headband. Choose a sleep mask that has a thick, adjustable headband. Oftentimes, a thin headband will have the problem of digging into your skin and causing discomfort that will wake you up out of your sleep in order to fix it. An adjustable headband will help eliminate the digging issue and provide a snug, comfortable fit that is not too tight.
– Ear covers. Some sleep masks go all of the way around the head and cover the ears, too. Think about getting an ear-covering sleep mask if you are one that often uses earplugs to fall asleep.
Tips on How to Choose the Best Sleep Mask for Your Needs
– Choose a hypoallergenic material such as silk to ensure no skin irritation during nightly usage.
– Check the price to ensure you are getting the best value.
– Read reviews such as the ones below to see what others think before making a final decision.
NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam
Top Features of the NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam
BioSense Memory Foam
One of the best parts about the NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam is the fact that it comes with a very unique composition, the likes of which I have not seen with another sleep mask as of yet. This mask features special BioSense memory foam inside of it, which is made up of natural green tea, charcoal and seed oil that works to provide a relaxing feel and an even more serene aroma. On the outside, there is a soft, super comfortable NapSoft fabric that works in harmony with the memory foam to refresh my tired eyes every night. This is the reason I am likely to consider this the best sleep mask in terms of comfort and uniqueness. It definitely stands out among the rest in this regard.
Thick and Adjustable Elastic Strap
Another great thing about the NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam is the fact that it does not have a stationary strap. The strap on this sleep mask is totally adjustable which is wonderful because I often have trouble with sleep masks that must think everyone’s head is the same size. Not only is this strap completely adjustable, the strap itself is thick and comfortable, unlike some of the thinner straps that seem to be too tight and dig into my scalp. It is a small detail but I do think that it makes all of the difference.
Perfect for Travel
Like many others, I have trouble sleeping during travel. Whether I am on a train, in a car, on a plane or just adjusting to a new hotel room with curtains that do not quite block out the light, sleeping while away from home is a tricky task. With the NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam, I can effectively block out all light sources and get the sleep I desperately need after having to experience typical jet lag. It works by contouring to my face precisely in the locations in which I need it to, making sure that not even a shard of light comes through the mask, even if I open my eyes while I am wearing it. This is a great feature to have at home as well, which leads me on to my next point.
Great for Those Who Work Overnight
If you work a night job, you must know how hard it can be to fall asleep during the day. For one, we are not nocturnal creatures, so sleeping during the day is already difficult. With the added factor of bright sunlight beaming through the windows of the bedroom, it can be even more of a task. Even with the heaviest blackout curtains I can find, I still will occasionally find sun peeking in and getting in my eyes. That problem is eliminated with NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam. Since it does work so well to cling to my face, I don’t ever have to worry about the sun coming in through the slits of my curtains and finding its way to my eyes because this mask simply will not allow it.
Pros of the NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam:
– Best used during travel
– BioSense memory foam made up of charcoal, green tea, and seed oil for a natural sleep aid
– Contours to the face effectively
– Perfect solution for those who must sleep during the daytime
– Slightly weighted for comfort
Downsides of the NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam:
– Potential issues with the strap. Some of the reports online indicate that the NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam’s strap sits atop the ears and therefore does not provide adequate comfort or may fall off of one’s head rather easily. I do not have this issue myself and am left to wonder whether or not the online reviewers of this product have taken advantage of the adjustable strap that comes with this sleep mask or not. Personally, I am able to position it precisely where I want it to go on my head every time I put it on.
Sleep Master Sleep Mask
Top Features of the Sleep Master Sleep Mask
Breathable and Adjustable
Getting hot in the middle of the night is super uncomfortable. That said, one of my favorite things about the Sleep Master Sleep Mask is the fact that it is ultra-breathable and stays cool for the duration of my sleep. The satin exterior definitely helps this along, as it is super soft and stays cool no matter what. This sleep mask is lightweight and does not press into my face or leave any strange lines, nor does it make my eyes puffy when I wake up. It feels as if it covers my whole head, and the Sleep Master Sleep Mask is also fully adjustable, making it so that I can ensure a proper fit no matter what. This brings me to my next point.
The Sleep Master Sleep Mask is unique in the way that it covers everything, not just my eyes specifically. For one, the eye covering aspect of this mask dips down low enough where no light could possibly enter, but leaves plenty of room for my nose in order to breathe freely. This durable sleep mask even covers my ears, helping me to block out sound and eliminating the need to wear uncomfortable earbuds or headphones in order to get the same results. This is the best sleep mask when it comes to total sleeping comfort. It is exceptionally soft and silky while also being wide enough to block all sensory that often gets disturbed while sleeping. The best part is, when I lie on my side, the Sleep Master Sleep Mask does not disturb me at all by being too noticeable in its wrapping. It feels like simply lying on a pillow. Finally, connecting this flexible sleep mask to my head is durable Velcro that can be found on the back of the mask.
High Quality Composition
The Sleep Master Sleep Mask’s impeccable quality can be seen and felt, as it was the moment I took it out of the box. As mentioned before, this sleep mask features a cool, soft and relaxing satin-like exterior that helps to calm me for sleep the very second I put it on. Inside of the Sleep Master Sleep Mask is a cotton material that is ultra lightweight and breathable so that wearing this sleep mask does not feel stuffy or hot at all. The synthetic outer shell is simple to take care of, which cannot be said about most sleep masks.
Hypoallergenic and Simple to Wash
Finally, the Sleep Master Sleep Mask is totally hypoallergenic for those of us with sensitive skin. Its exterior comes with zero latex involved which not only makes it resist allergic reactions but also makes it even more comfortable as this mask only relies on silky exteriors and cotton interiors. When it gets dirty from regular, nightly use, it is quick and simple to wash by hand with mild soap and warm water and it takes absolutely no time at all to do so.
Pros of the Sleep Master Sleep Mask:
– Attaches with Velcro in the back
– Blocks out all light
– Cotton interior that is soft and breathable
– Covers the ears
– Easy to hand wash and to spot clean
– Is not made of latex
– Satin-like exterior
– Wraps around the head
Downsides of the Sleep Master Sleep Mask:
– Price. The Sleep Master Sleep Mask is definitely on the higher end of things in terms of price. I definitely would not call it expensive, but it is a bit pricier than some of the other masks. That said, I think this is one of the best sleep masks for the money. It can be hard to find sleep masks with such soft, breathable material, especially ones that wrap around my head to help with sound reduction. Because it is hypoallergenic, I think that it is also worth the price since I don’t have to worry about any sort of reaction. The Velcro in the back is also more customizable than a standard strap, so I would still consider this a great value and something that should be considered when looking for a new sleep mask.
Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask
Top Features of the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask
Perfect Facial Contouring
I have learned from testing a number of different sleep masks that one of the keys to getting total, utter darkness is the mask’s ability to conform to my face. The Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask does this perfectly. Its ultra soft material has a slight dip around the nose that allows me to breathe easily and does not transfer my breath to the mask which some do, often causing the mask to heat up in my sleep. Instead, I stay cool and comfortable the whole time. When sleeping or napping during the day, the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask blocks out every instance of sunlight so that I am not awoken rudely. It is for this reason that I also recommend it for those who travel a lot like me, as this mask has made it remarkably easier for me to sleep on trains, planes and inside of cars.
Renowned TEMPUR Material
TEMPUR material is well known for its comfort. Whether this material is making up a bed, a pillow or a sleep mask, TEMPUR strives to create only the most comfortable sleep possible for their customers. This sleep mask is no different, and I was not underwhelmed or unimpressed by its quality. TEMPUR uses a special material that helps their products to breathe easily and remain comfortable, no matter how much they are used. I am able to sleep on a solid schedule without ever once being woken up by being overheated or in any way uncomfortable and having to readjust this mask or take it off altogether. This might just be the best sleep mask in terms of comfort in my opinion.
Elastic and Velcro Work Harmoniously
Some sleep masks that I have tried often have rather uncomfortable straps. These straps tend to pull at my hair or dig into my skin because they are too thin and wiry. I do not have this issue with the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask. In fact, the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask wraps all around my head and does not taper down into a thin, annoying strap towards the back. It only tapers just a bit for my comfort. The strap has been elasticized and provides simple, easy stretching but does not stretch so much that it puts pressure on my head or around my eyes. At the ends of this strap there are Velcro closures that keep things snug and comfortable, and these two aspects working together are probably what is responsible for such a comfortable design outside of the TEMPUR material.
Hollowed Eye Areas
Finally, one of the most interesting and unique aspects of the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask is the fact that it features hollowed out eye areas. Most other sleep masks do not seem to add this feature, so I appreciate the thoughtfulness that has gone into this style, proving once again that TEMPUR really knows how to design comfortable sleeping arrangements. The point of the hollowed out eye areas is to allow the person using it to have free range to move their eyes. This is important, not only for the total comfort of the user, but for the ability to allow the body to engage in REM sleep. This can be difficult with a fabric pressing hard onto my eyes, and TEMPUR has thought this through to ensure a restful night’s sleep.
Pros of the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask:
– Breathable material
– Comfortable, thick, elasticized strap
– Completely blocks out light
– Excellent for travel
– Hollowed eye areas to encourage deep, REM sleep
– Velcro closures on the ends of the strap ensure a snug fit
– Well loved TEMPUR material composition
Downsides of the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask:
– Price. For some of those in need of restful sleep through the use of a sleep mask, paying a higher price might not be ideal; however, for the Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask, you are definitely getting a great value for the money. TEMPUR is known to create high quality sleep products and this Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask is no different. Do not let the higher price tag deter you from checking it out. I don’t think that you will be disappointed.
Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask
Top Features of the Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask
Blocks Out Light in a Comfortable Way
The primary function of a sleep mask is to block out the light that inhibits sleep at all costs. The Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask does that excellently and comfortably. Whether it is the light of the street lamps pouring through your blinds, the sun in the morning trying to wake you up or the afternoon sun after a long night shift, this sleep mask works wonders. It is ultra soft and comfortable, making it so that I never have to wake up in the middle of my sleep and readjust the mask or lie a certain way in order to not become uncomfortable. From the moment I put on this lightweight sleep mask I begin to feel relaxed which is important when unwinding for sleep.
Designed to Contour to Your Face
One of the things that makes the Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask so comfortable is the fact that it has been specifically designed to contour to my face. Because of the contour and its lightweight properties, I never wake up with unsightly lines on my forehead and beneath my eyes. I also do not experience any sort of pressure on my eyes as I sleep, allowing me to get the most rest possible thanks to the ability to fall into a deep REM sleep. For this reason, I consider this perhaps the best, easy to carry sleep mask when I want to travel. It is not bulky and it effectively blocks out the light that comes in through car or plane windows.
Perfect for a Number of Situations
The Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask is great for an array of sleeping or relaxing situations. Aside from the ability to comfortably travel, this high quality sleep mask is great for those who work overnight shifts and are forced to sleep during the daytime. It fits perfectly on my face, and during afternoon naps, it does not allow any sunlight in, making me confident that shift workers can enjoy the same serenity in total darkness. This is also a great choice for those people who enjoy relaxing while their partners watch bright television at night. I can enjoy a peaceful, meditative session in the darkness which helps me to achieve calmness due to the deprivation of my sight, helping me avoid visual distractions.
Finally, the Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask is made out of ultra high quality materials. I noticed this from the moment that I took it out of its packaging and held it in my hands. The contouring is nice and thick without pressing onto my eyes and is placed in such a way that I can achieve REM sleep as I mentioned before. There is plenty of room for my eyes inside, which is imperative to a good night’s sleep. It is super lightweight and strongly built with an exceptionally soft material that makes up its exterior. I can’t wait to get this mask on when I get home from work, especially if I am experiencing any sort of headache.
Pros of the Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask:
– Contoured in such a way that deep REM sleep is possible
– Effectively blocks out light
– High quality make-up
– Perfect for travel, naps, meditation and more
– Super cheap sleep mask
– Ultra soft
Downsides of the Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask:
– The strap. The Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask comes with what I believe to be a very comfortable strap. It is nice and snug and adheres to the shape of my head very well. That said, some online reviewers have stated that the strap is a bit thinner than what they would prefer. Sometimes with thin straps on sleep masks, I do notice a sort of digging feeling, but with the Bedtime Bliss Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask, the strap is comfortable and does not pinch at my hair or skin. I feel this is all a matter of preference and therefore should not deter you from giving it a try.
ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold
Top Features of the ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold
High Quality Sleep Mask
What I love about the ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold is the fact that not only has this company taken into consideration the need for total darkness in order to get the best quality of sleep possible, they have considered the general comfort of my face and eyes, too. This sleep mask is as much of an eye relaxer as it is a sleep mask and is seriously well made because of it. This mask is made from a high quality, 100 percent 19 momme natural mulberry silk on both sides of its composition. This type of silk is ultra soft and super smooth and allows for a breathable and cool fabric against my face–a quality that only silk can afford. These types of masks are often used at spas and resorts, making this even more desirable.
Headbands can make or break a sleep mask, so I always pay extra attention to them when trying a new one out. The ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold is easy to adjust and gentle on my head. It doesn’t get tangled or caught in my hair like some of the Velcro masks do, nor does it pinch at my skin whatsoever. On the back of this sleep mask, there is a plastic adjuster that always remains at the back of my head instead of my temples, which is great because I often find myself sleeping on my side and that might disrupt me otherwise. The way it rests around the ears makes it so that I can wear earplugs without worry, and it sits in such a way on my nose that I know if I had to use a CPAP machine, it would fit excellently–so no worries there. The strap is fully adjustable from a length of 15.8 inches to 27.6 inches, making it ultra comfortable and definitely one that can be worn by adults and children alike.
Great for Travel
I am always looking for the next great sleep mask when it comes to traveling. Some are comfortable but too bulky and take up too much room in my carryon bag or purse, but I definitely don’t have that issue with the ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold. This sleep mask gives me the experience of total blackout darkness wherever I am while also being exceptionally lightweight and super easy to tote around. I use it at home, on planes, in cars and especially in hotel rooms where you can never seem to get the curtain to close all of the way. I feel like without this sleep mask, I would have lost a lot of precious sleep during my travels. Instead, I know I will always wake up well rested with the ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold.
Perfect for Several Situations
Not only is the ultra comfortable ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold great for sleeping on the go, I have used it in a number of other instances and it has performed well. When I come home from work and want to relax a bit while my family watches television, I can just lie on the couch with this mask on, still enjoying their company without all of the bright lights and other visuals that come with it. This sleep mask is also great for when I get bad headaches because I can comfortably and easily remove the light from my vision. I have used this mask for meditation as well! It’s great for those of us who are prone to dry eyes due to the fact that the hypoallergenic silk contains natural, breathable fibers that let in oxygen while keeping out dry air all at once.
Pros of the ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold:
– Breathable mulberry silk
– Can be used with earplugs and/or a CPAP mask
– Comfortable, adjustable headband
– Great for travel, migraines, meditation and dry eyes
Downsides of the ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold:
– The dye. I noticed that during my first few wears of the ALASKA BEAR Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold that the dye rubbed off just a tiny bit onto my pillowcase, but after a few instances of hand washing, this was definitely no longer a problem. This mask is super economic and comfortable, so do not let that deter you! It only takes once or twice to eliminate this problem completely.
I choose the NapForm Eye Mask with BioSense Memory Foam as the winner of this sleep mask roundup because it is perfectly comfortable and contoured. Ultra soft, this sleep mask has a unique BioSense foam that helps to lull me to sleep much more quickly than most other masks. It is the best sleep mask that I have ever used during travel and absolutely no light gets through. Comfortable and effective, I recommend this mask to everyone in need of restful sleep!